New to the blogging world I thought to be profound, having a unique message, and perhaps provide some window into my self to which others could identify with or find some common ground: from here we were to together come to some conclusion or new understanding of our selves. Needless to say, I was intoxicated at the time, and engaged in one of those conversations which I assume could not exist outside of the University walls. For those that are students or have student friends/associates an outline of this conversation is unnecessary. But for those that are likely already judging me, and are sickened by what they see as pompous, arrogant, middle-class(if such a thing exists) rich kids who are thoroughly absorbed in their little utopia and absolutely removed from the so-called "real world"(something that I will fiercely debate in later blog's) this conversation, is an exploration of self, discusses world issues, and depending on the level of intoxication will solve those issues.
Luckily I past out before I could blog, and thus could not be influenced by the misguided conclusions of that particular discussion for the details of such now elude me. I've therefore come to the terms with the fact that their will no such radical insights and the blog will likely turn into some disjointed and lofty rant that will likely annoy and frustrate its few and soon to be disappointed readers. So then has this blog already failed before posting my very first post?
Likely. I've never read any other blogs, and haven't seen any advice of worth to help me. So a failure or otherwise, the following blog will be my presumably misguided and probably pointless rants and my attempt at advice as I continue on my physical and mental journey. First I will look back at on my brief time since uni, just seven months, having travelled across Sweden; camping and sailing across its vast and wondrous landscapes; working in a Steel factory in S.Wales to finance the next stage of my travels; and then my hitch hiking adventures across Eastern Europe and Turkey.
The second stage will refer to the adventure to which I am about to begin. I, a proud welsh 22year old history graduate of the University of Manchester, am, without relevant experience or advice, about to take on a twelve month teaching contract in Beijing, China, never having visited the country, and having little or no knowledge of the language. Scary stuff. Although I am to here to document my adventure, I plea, I implore you, to share your advice and experiences of teaching or visiting China. I leave in three weeks, time is running out!
I am also intrigued by your views on students, although I am an ex-student I am forced in their defence so often that I thought it best to do so in a different medium, where tensions are not raised, and I can hopefully squash the ignorance of those "anti-student" persons.
So for me, the Welshman, this is the end of University and the start of something entirely new, something totally unexplored!
No comments:
Post a Comment